Procurement Logistics: The Secret To Effective Supply Chain!
“Almost all quality improvement comes via simplification of design, manufacturing, layout, processes, and procedures.” ~ Tom Peter
Today efficient supply logistics is fundamental to stay in the market and to develop an organization. Organizations operating with procurement logistics have several options on how to organize their supply chain.
The procurement function in logistics can be characterized as the logistic function that deals with the purchase and management of materials, types of gear, extras and services that should be gotten by an organization. Procurement function in logistics perform its operations in an adequate manner, with the final objective of delivering the services required by its clients. The specific objectives of procurement logistics are:
- Observing supply markets and patterns and deciphering the effect of these patterns on organization procedures.
- Identifying the basic materials and services needed to help organization procedures in key performance areas, especially during new item advancement.
- Supporting the organization’s requirement for a diverse and globally competitive supply base.
- Comprehend business necessities for example requirements of each functional group within the organization.
- Purchase items and services at the right cost, from the right source, the right specification, in the right quantity, for delivery at the right time to the right customer.
Benefits of Procurement in Logistics
- Reduced supply chain costs
- Reduction of complexity – production
- Low handling requirements during assembly
- Low space requirement during assembly
- Realization of a great variety of variants
- Decrease in inventory costs because there is no storage space required
vii. Ability to launch products faster
At TGL we provide top notch procurement service. We purchase items at the right cost, from the right source, with the right specification, in the right quantity and deliver at the right time to our clients. We also provide full business-to-business capabilities to enable integration with freight forwarders and vendors.
Also, we understand the importance of providing swift, affordable, and safe delivery of your goods and are readily available in assisting your business to achieve its business goals while maximising profit and reducing cost through our logistics solutions.
With a team of over 50 years combined experience in freight forwarding, out-country and in-country logistics, compliance/documentation, and core technology services, we bring to the table a firm promise to provide a reliable platform for end-to-end logistics solutions for B2B and B2C businesses
Get in touch with our experts to discuss your logistics requirements
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?